Clinique sells a wide range of skincare, fragrance, and makeup for both men and women, as well as an acne collection. It is America's top-selling skincare brand that boasts remarkable results in the beauty industry. They provide products suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, people of all ages and genders.
However, finding a reliable product best fitting for your skin can be challenging. The information below will definitely help you know more about the Clinique brand as well as some of the best products they have. We hope you will find the Clinique products review helpful.
Are Clinique Products Worth It?
Clinique uses a three-step system that includes cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing. Every step is meant to prepare the skin for the next step, making it very effective. They also organize their products into three different categories depending on the skin type; Type 1 is for very dry skin, type 2 is for dry/combination skin, type 3 is combination/oily skin, and type 4 is for oily skin.
This system allows users to quickly choose between the different products based on their face needs, which makes it effortless to come up with your best skincare routine and choose your products. Here are some types of products sold by Clinique;
The Clinique skin care products may include;
- Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly is an offshoot of the common Dramatically Different moisturizer, and its formula is a lightweight gel and oil-free.
- Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, a cleanser that quickly moves from a solid balm to a silky oil once applied.
- The Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator is a gel-cream that has activated aloe water and hyaluronic acid.
2. Targeted Treatments
Here are some of the most popular treatments from Clinique;
- Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam has acne-fighting ingredients like acetyl glucosamine and BHAs, which can be used twice a day.
- Even Better, Clinical Dark Spot Corrector contains gyokuro green tea as an active ingredient.
- Repairwear Laser Focus serum is designed to smoothen and improve the skin texture and plump up fine lines.
- Clinique blackhead solutions
Some of the best Clinique Makeup Products include;
- Clinique Sweet Pots comes with two compartments of different products, including a tinted and sheer moisturizing balm on one side and a sugar-smoothing scrub on the other side.
- True Bronze Clinique Makeup- is a pressed powder bronzer that is designed to provide a sun-kissed glow.
- Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum Clinique foundation with a creamy texture formulated to provide medium coverage and help improve skin health.
- Aromatics Elixir Perfume Spray- This scent boasts a combination of jasmine, rose, and ylang-ylang
- Clinique Happy is the brand's original fragrance with bright citrus notes of bergamot and grapefruit.
5. Men's Products
- Clinique for Men 2-in-1 Skin Hydrator and Beard Conditioner is a multi-purpose product that softens beards and improves the skin.
- Clinique For Men Face Scrub is an exfoliator that should be used to prep and pre-shave the skin.
What Are The Best Clinique Products?
Although most Clinique skincare products are great for the skin, below are the best-selling Clinique products you should consider getting.
In a hurry?
This is our Winner!
Best Clinique Skin Care Set Reviews
Buy on Amazon
Clinique Skin Care Set Reviews
The Clinique Dramatically Different Range features three different versions that include Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion, gel, and Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly. This gel version is designed for oily to combination skin types. It is lightweight, spreads easily, and gets absorbed in the skin faster.
Furthermore, the gel is paraben and alcohol-free and works great under makeup. The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel not only leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth to touch it also ensures the skin is well hydrated from within. This product works well with other gentle toners and doesn't make oily skin feel greasy even after several hours.
The Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator is more nourishing than other Clinique moisturizers. It has a denser gel-cream texture and feels that is quite easy to apply on the skin. It adequately quenches dehydrated and dry skin instantly. In addition to hydrating the skin, this product leaves you with a nice glow throughout the day.
It absorbs quickly to the skin, is non-sticky, and has a silicone feel that allows makeup to apply flawlessly. The moisture surge leaves the skin feeling hydrated, plumped up, and supple. In addition, it contains a great dose of hyaluronic acid that drives moisture into parts of the skin that are most needed.
If you're looking for an additional quick dash of moisture around your eye area, then the Clinique Pep-start Eye Cream is a great option for sensitive eyes and people who put on the contact lens. With consistent use, this product can help the under-eye skin become smoother and more resilient over time.
It absorbs quickly and smoothly to the skin and provides instant skin brightening benefits. This Clinique eye cream comes with a texture that is similar to gel creams and moisturizes enough with no greasiness. In addition, it comes with a ball tip applicator that makes application easy with no excess product wastage.
As one of the typical gel cleansers that work for oily skin types, the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap | Combination-Oily to Oily Skin comes with an SLS-based formula that produces a rich lather that means less product usage. It does a great job in removing impurities from the skin. It can also work to remove light makeup with ease.
This cleanser is not harsh on the skin and doesn't leave the skin feeling dry. It cleans and smoothens the skin with no additional synthetic fragrance. However, there is a faint mint scent because of the menthol ingredient in it. This means that it may not work for sensitive skin or acne-prone skin.
Despite this, this quick rinsing gel face wash is very gentle on the skin. The liquid facial soap also helps protect the natural moisture balance of the skin without stripping off the natural oils.
Another great product from this brand is the Clinique Pep-Start Pout Restoring Night Mask. This is not your regular lip balm, but it is a lip sleeping mask. It comes with a thick texture that is really nourishing and doesn't have any taste or fragrance, making it a great choice for sensitive skin.
This product works to heal chapped and cracked lips, ensuring you get supple and soft lips. Before applying the liquid lipsticks, you can always use this mask and wipe the excess. The consistent and continuous use of this lip mask will result in smoother and softer lips.
The Clinique Clarifying Lotion is one of the company's best-selling products. It is quite reputable, making it a great toner that is worth your coins. It features a non-abrasive exfoliator that gently applies to the skin to remove dead skin cells and give you a brighter skin tone instantly.
Apart from being a great exfoliator, this product can also act as a toner to prepare your skin for the next steps. It contains denatured alcohol content to cut through grime and grease that may cause a drying effect. This product also comes with no alcohol making it a great option for dry skin. It is a salicylic acid-based exfoliating toner that is designed to break deep oils in pores to unclog pores and prevent acne breakouts.
What Are The Main Ingredients in Clinique Products?
The Clinique brand makes use of scientifically proven and dermatologist-approved ingredients for the three-step skin care routine as well as spot treatments. Some of the ingredients used in Clinique products sold in the market today include.
- Alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) includes exfoliating ingredients like lactic acid and glycolic acid. These ingredients help break down the dead cells and excess oil, giving brighter skin.
- A beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) is another exfoliating ingredient that can penetrate deep into the most. The most common BHA is salicylic acid, especially in products used to treat acne, aging skin, and other skin concerns. The most effective acne solutions for great skin will most likely have this ingredient.
- Antioxidants- These ingredients convert the free radicals to non-reactive forms. The free radicals lead to DNA damage, so these ingredients come in handy to protect the skin, l=making it looks younger and healthier for longer. Some common antioxidants may include Vitamin E, green tea extract, and coenzyme Q10.
- Hyaluronic acid is a natural ingredient in skin cells and can attract up to a thousand times the molecular weight in water. Hyaluronic acid is allergy tested to help protect and restore the skin from environmental factors.
- Glycerin is another moisturizing ingredient that attracts water. It is popularly found in products designed for dry or combination and gives great stimulating effects for tired-looking skin.
- Other ingredients will include jojoba oil, titanium oxide, silicon, pure Vitamin C, shea butter, etc.
How To Use Clinique Products
While you can easily make a guess on how to use the Clinique products after reading the Clinique skin care set reviews, there are still some tricks you need to know to ensure you get the most out of the product. So, here are the steps you should follow;
Clean your face with a double cleansing method. However, before using a Clinique face wash, be sure to remove all makeup using a reliable makeup remover. Then, rinse off to ensure no trace of the cleanser remains.
Your skin may need to shed a layer of dead skin because it renews itself after every 30 days. Exfoliating gently using a cotton pad and an exfoliator or a toner like Clinique Clarifying lotion will result in youthful-looking skin.
People with dry skin may require a heavy moisturizer to give extra relief without too much oiliness. On the other hand, oily skin requires a light gel-cream to moisturize without greasiness.
4. Serum Application
Serums will give your skin additional protection, correct and remove blemishes as well as give an extra repair boost.
5. Applying Eye Cream
Lastly, apply your eye cream to help reduce the appearance of puffiness, fine lines, and dark circles. It also helps prepare your face for makeup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Clinique
1. How do I choose the right Clinique products?
The Clinique products are designed for four major skin types. This means that the first and most important step is to determine the products that work best for your skin. The easiest way to do this is by taking a sheet of blotting paper and applying it to your cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead. When you hold the paper in light, you can see the amount of oil.
If you have skin that is dry, little oil will be on the blotting paper while an oily skin and for oily skin, it will show a lot of oil on the paper. A combination skin type will only show an oily T-zone(nose and forehead) and dry or oily cheeks. It is also essential to consider your needs. If you have specific needs like fine lines, dark circles, blemishes, or acne. Then find a serum that addresses those issues.
2. Is Clinique Cruelty-Free?
Unfortunately, not all Clinique products are cruelty-free. While the Clinique brand has mentioned that they disapprove of animal testing, they still sell their products in China, where animal testing is a requirement by the law.
Image Source: pierremichelbeauty.com