One thing about your asking is that it needs constant care throughout all seasons. Among the products you decide to use, you will need two moisturizers, one for the day and one for the night. Let us discover more about the best night moisturizer for you and why you need it.
What is a Night Moisturizer?
A night moisturizer is a night cream you can apply at night to heal, relax, and regenerate your skin. A night cream is more effective if applied every night before bed, and after washing off the day moisturizer you had on. But, what makes a good night cream?
Before choosing any best night creams, it is important to understand your skin type. You need to consider different factors, such as your age, acne problems, skin tone, dullness, and fine lines and wrinkles. These factors can help you narrow down a very long list of the best night creams available in the market.
The best night cream will come with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, retinol, AHAs, glycerin, ceramides, and more. It is vital to look out for those creams that contain harmful ingredients such as parabens, alcohol, fragrances, phthalates, and more. Whenever you can, it will be best to get a night moisturizer made with organic or vegan ingredients as they are easier to absorb.
Not sure where to begin? Good news, we will share the five best night creams you can choose from. We will review their pros and cons and then explain the most important factors to consider before you buy. So, read on as we will also answer the most urgent questions you have to make an informed buying decision.
In a hurry?
This is our Winner!
Best Night Moisturizer
Buy on Amazon
Best Night Moisturizer - Reviews
A night skin moisturizer becomes a vital part of your routine as you age, which is why this CeraVe night cream will serve you right. It is formulated with a peptide complex that helps mitigate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and also contains niacinamide to calm your skin.
Then, the hyaluronic acid will help your skin stay moisturized the whole night, while the three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) will restore and maintain the skin's natural barrier. In addition to these quality ingredients, this best night moisturizer is fragrance-free, non-irritating, and non-comedogenic.
When looking for the best night creams, it is best to opt for products, such as this CeraVe renewing night cream, formulated with dermatologists' help. The cream is made using the company's patented MVE technology that keeps its effectiveness hours after you apply it so you can wake up to soft, glowing skin.
If you tend to get skin redness after exposure to elements during the day, the best solution is to soothe your skin back to health at night. This Cetaphil is formulated with caffeine, licorice extract, and allantoin so it can hydrate and soothe your skin overnight.
It is dermatologist-approved and does not contain harmful ingredients like parabens, fragrances, and allergens. Also, the night cream remains effective overnight to hydrate skin. You will always wake up to smooth skin as it also visibly improves your skin texture.
This intense hydration night cream is affordable and easy to apply, but it is only ideal for sensitive skin prone to redness.
This night cream from L'oreal Paris is also ideal for daytime use. It is the best night moisturizer for aging skin as it comes with the strongest hydrating and revitalizing ingredients.
Firstly, hyaluronic acid will help your skin stay hydrated through the night. At the same time, pro-retinol works its magic to reduce wrinkles and encourages collagen production for firmer and younger-looking skin.
The night cream also contains Vitamin C, which treats your skin to leave it radiating. When you want to apply the cream during the day, you can also find an option containing broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen.
It is best to look for a multi-purpose night cream such as this one from RoC. It is your best deal for firming skin, reducing lines and wrinkles, evening your skin tone, hydrating your skin, and encouraging radiant skin.
With such power, this cream can only use the best ingredients. Firstly, it uses Hexinol technology which enables all these beautiful results. Furthermore, the night cream contains glycerin and shea butter in addition to other powerful ingredients.
While it is an effective cream, you will find it also contains a host of parabens and fragrances that you may want to avoid. But, it is a powerful cream that also comes at a very affordable price.
Do you want to challenge your skin to faster results? The confidence in Your Beauty Sleep Night Cream from IT Cosmetics is what you need. According to the manufacturer, you will start noticing better skin health after one sleep, and then after seven nights, you will no longer notice fine lines and blemishes.
This cream contains hyaluronic acid as the main ingredient, and with adenosine, it helps keep your skin moisturized overnight. Then, it also has ceramides that restore your healthy skin barrier to lock in moisture and wade off possible infections and imperfections. The cream also contains jojoba seed extracts to promote collagen production for younger-looking skin.
The night cream uses the company's Rest and Restore technology that helps its effectiveness when dealing with dullness, lines and wrinkles, and pre-mature aging. It is your best night moisturizer if you need a cream that does not transfer to your pillows because it is easily absorbed.
Why Do You Need the Best Night Skin Moisturizer?
Are you wondering why you need to apply two different creams every day? Well, here are the main reasons you need to wash off your day cream and apply the best night creams for better skincare.
- Night creams have thicker consistencies so that they can moisturize your skin overnight.
- The night cream contains a higher ingredient concentration, so your skin can absorb more nutrients when not exposed to elements.
- Since a day cream is designed to prevent damage, a night cream eliminates any damage and promotes epidermal cell renewal for better results.
- Since collagen is produced when you sleep, the night cream with the best ingredients will promote better collagen production to improve your skin condition.
- Night creams help with better blood circulation.
- Night creams are great for sensitive skin with uneven tones or prone to acne and other conditions.
Factors to Consider For the Best Night Moisturizer
While night moisturizers are in abundance in today's market, you will need to pay close attention to the ingredients in each and what benefits you seek for your skin.
When looking for a rich cream, consider the following factors.
1. Your skin
Before buying, the first consideration you need to make is the condition of your skin. Firstly, you need to understand your skin type in the following ways;
- Dry Skin. If you have dry skin, you probably fuss over the way your skin looks flaky and dull. You will need a non-abrasive night moisturizer to rid the dead skin cells so healing ingredients can get absorbed. Thus, look for a cream with humectants and emollients like hyaluronic acid and squalene. Natural oils like shea butter, jojoba extracts, and more can also help moisturize and soften the skin for best results.
- Oily skin. In most instances, oily skin is also acne-prone skin. Acne is always a result of too much sebum production, which eventually blocks the skin pores. When your skin can't excrete excess sebum, it gets infected, hence the appearance of painful pimples. When looking for a good night moisturizer, you need to avoid those with drying ingredients, but rather, look for exfoliating ingredients such as lactic and glycolic acid.
- Sensitive skin. Your sensitive skin is prone to various imperfections such as redness, irritation, and excessive dryness. In this case, you will need a cream that effectively repairs the skin barrier with soft ingredients such as saffron. In essence, the cream would moisturize and strengthen the lipid barrier to relieve irritation.
- Mature skin. Your skin will start forming fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots, especially around the eyes as you age. It happens because of low collagen production, so getting a cream that boosts collagen production would be best. Peptides, Vitamins A and C, and beta carotene are some of the ingredients that will help with collagen. In addition, you might also have to deal with sagging skin, in which case a good dose of elasticity-boosting ingredients like retinol will help.
While you need ingredients specific to your skin demands, it is best to also look out for the harmful ingredients capable of causing more harm than good. For example, avoid fragrances, parabens, phthalates, and more irritating ingredients.
How Do You Apply A Night Cream?
These are the steps to follow when moisturizing your skin before sleeping.
- Cleanse your face. It is probably best to use a cleanser from the same brand as the moisturizer you choose. Use warm water to cleanse, then pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Apply a few drops of the cream all over your face and neck. Make sure to rub it on until it is all absorbed. It is best to follow upward, circular motions to help with absorption and promote better blood circulation.
- Avoid eye contact.
Once you apply the night cream, you can then enjoy a good night's sleep. You will also need to wash off the cream in the morning before applying the day cream, plus other products you've lined up for your daytime beauty routine.
Frequently Asked Question About the Best Night Creams
a) What is the best night moisturizer?
Your best moisturizer for nighttime will moisturize, rejuvenate, and firm your skin. Also, the night moisturizer will contain healthy ingredients that will not mess with your health or the naturally occurring circadian rhythm.
b) How do I pick a good moisturizer?
When picking a moisturizer, ensure it has the best ingredients for your skin type. In addition, ensure it is light so it can easily penetrate your skin.
c) When should I apply the cream?
You need to apply a night cream before going to bed. You can apply it any time after you get home, but applying earlier will give your skin a better chance of absorbing all the nutrients before washing it off in the morning. Ensure you clean your face with a non-abrasive cleanser before applying.