While dark under eyes might look great on pandas, consensually, we all agree you shouldn't walk into a meeting with them. The skin around your eyes is the most sensitive and gets easily dehydrated. One of the leading causes of puffy dark circles is the dilating of the blood vessels underneath the eye area.
Being a sensitive area, the skin around your eyes is one place where signs of premature ageing first show up. Your eyes are the windows to the soul, let's not ruin that view. So, since you cannot change the fact that you lost some sleep last night, using one of the best Korean eye creams might help you get away with it.
This is one reason why so many people invest heavily in targeted skincare products and, more specifically, eye creams. Eye creams are like a double shot of espresso for your puffy, exhausted eyes. So, choose a formula that works great for your skin type and that nourishes, protects, brightens, lifts, and de-puffs your under-eye area.
That said, the best Korean eye cream is not a magical product that will work overnight. They'll need some patience and consistency for you to see the full long-term results for that fresh, dewy look.
In the world of skincare, K-beauty products dominate on the list. Korean skincare products tap into the most age-old, unconventional ingredients, giving you the most value.
In a hurry?
This is our Winner!
Best Korean Eye Cream That Works for Your Skin Type
Buy on Amazon
Best Korean Eye Cream That Works for Your Skin Type - Reviews
An outstanding ingredient in most upcoming K-Beauty skin products is the snail secretion filtrate. Mizon Snail Repair Eye cream contains 80% snail secretion filtrate. This product contains Snail mucin, which has been shown to repair skin, strengthen the skin barrier, and restore vitality. Snail slime is also known to be an excellent moisturiser. The main active ingredients that make the Mizon eye cream one of the best Korean eye creams include:
- Niacinamide - To fight dark circles and brighten your under-eye area, niacinamide is a must-have component in your eye cream. Niacinamide, is otherwise known as Vitamin B3, is a powerful antioxidant with little to no drawbacks, such as irritation and is known to pair up well with most skincare ingredients. It's known to target fine wrinkle lines, hyperpigmentation, redness, and melasma
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)-EGF is a natural protein cell component that boosts collagen production to maintain healthy bouncy skin. Unfortunately, it starts to deteriorate around our mid-20's. The Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 component acts the way EGFs work and has been known to decrease skin roughness, deep wrinkles, increase skin elasticity and skin regeneration
- Hyaluronic acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) -Is known to be a soothing, hydrating component that boosts microcirculation which then helps in the healing and brightening of dark circles by Korean eye creams
Other exciting ingredients worth mentioning include:
- Adenosine (anti-ageing)
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract (anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant)
- Phytosqualane (repairs, deep moisturiser and anti-ageing)
If you’re looking for the best Korean eye cream brand that will give you that powerful punch of antioxidants and moisturise your dry skin, then Innisfree’s Green Tea Seed Eye Cream is an ideal match.
Known for its meticulous Jeju orchid extracts, this formulation contains 100% squeezed Green tea. Green tea contains amino acids and minerals acids for a dual moisture rising technology. It has a creamy, lightweight texture that is moisturising and is quickly absorbed into the skin.
This Korean eye cream works great for normal, dry, oily and combination skin types, and the combination of ingredients helps brighten, moisturise and revitalise under-eye skin. These ingredients include:
- Orchid Elixir 2.0™ - This orchid elixir will visibly firm up your skin and protect it from environmental stressors that cause dark circles
- Hyaluronic Acid- Jeju green soybeans contain Hyaluronic acid, which is a natural hydrator that soothes, hydrates and plumps up your under-eye skin
- Arbutin - is an ingredient that mainly helps stop the production of melanin. With this, it helps fade, whiten and brighten dull-looking skin and targets hyperpigmentation, melasma, the formation of freckles
- Caffeine- Just like coffee helps boost your energy in the morning, caffeine revitalises and induces energy to your skin
- Adenosine - Is an excellent anti-ageing ingredient
The formulation in thses eye creams mainly targets skin concerns, fine lines, sagging skin, wrinkles, and dryness.
This super cute, 5-star rated Korean eye cream is specially formulated to brighten dark circles. It has a creamy, rich gel texture that is quickly absorbed into the skin while still giving your under-eye area that cool hydrating feeling.
This Korean eye cream mainly targets under-eye puffiness by brightening, nourishing and smoothening.
- Cha-7 es Peptide Complex - a unique peptide formula that helps speed up the skin's renewal and regeneration process under your eyes to reveal that plump, dewy look and texture. It also helps brighten your undereye to lighten dark circles
- Date Seed extract - a rich antioxidant that is full of skin smoothening nutrients that hydrates and protects your under-eye skin
- Avocado Protein extract - This ingredient will enrich and retain your skin's moisture for a longer time by making sure that your under-eyes continuously receive hydration to keep them supple and firm
No, it's not a typo. This Korean eye cream brand decided to go with precisely that. Eye cream for the face. The formulation is so good that you can use it for your entire face while still addressing your undereye concern.
This means users of this Korean eye cream don't need to buy separate serums or moisturisers for their face. A.H.C is one of the leading Korean skincare brands that you can trust.
The A.H.C Real eye cream has a creamy, thick but refreshing texture. The formulation specifically targets anti-ageing, dullness, puffy eyes and fine lines. This eye cream has a great formulation for youthful skin with skin fortifying ingredients.
- Antarcticine - a glycoprotein from the Antarctic Sea which promotes keratinocyte growth that boosts the skin regeneration process. It also prevents and lessens any appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- 6 ECOCERT ingredients - ECOCERT is a certification body for suitable natural ingredients, responsible sourcing, and organic cosmetic solutions.to improve skin elasticity
This premium rated Korean eye gel is a lightweight gel-based formula that is quickly absorbed into the skin. The luxury aspect means that the brand responsibly sources ingredients from its botanical fields and works with its in-house research centres to bring you a premium Korean eye gel.
Using the 5-Hydra complex formulation, the eye gel protects the skin's moisture barrier providing next-level hydration to the eye area. This Korean eye gel targets dark circles, dullness and puffiness to make the eye area look radiant and healthy. It works great for the normal, dry/ dehydrated, and combination skin type.
- Shea butter
- Sunflower seed extract
- Hydrogenated Olive oil lauryl esters
- Jojoba esters
- Camellia sinensis seed oil
- Soybean seed extract
- Cocoa extract
- Ginseng Root Extract
- Magnolia bark extract
Factors to Consider While Buying the Best Korean Eye Creams
Korean eye creams dominate the skin care world however, not all meet the requirements. Here is what you should know before you invest in eye creams:
Be sure to check for the ingredients list. Not all address your main undereye skin concern, and not all work for everyone. Look out for eye creams with ingredients that work for your specific skin type. But even then, some ingredients work well for all skin types. More specifically, pick an eye cream containing:
- Retinol- It minimises signs of ageing in your undereye area
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps remove radicals and reduce signs of ageing. It's known to boost collagen production and has skin anti-inflammatory properties to help improve overall skin health
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E pairs up well with vitamin C. But even Vitamin E alone is essential. It's an antioxidant that nourishes the skin, reduces the signs of ageing, boosts skin elasticity, and protects the skin from harmful UV rays
- Hyaluronic Acid - It provides hydration and works great for your skin by locking in the skin’s moisture and boosting collagen production. This means reduced perspiration and evaporation to improve skin elasticity
- Other ingredients found in Korean Eye creams that are great for your under-eye skin area include Galangal root extract, Red Ginseng, honey, etc.
Your skin type greatly determines the type of hydrating ingredients your eye cream should have. For dry skin, look for an oil-based eye cream and provide that extra hydration layer and moisture. For oily skin, look for an oil-free eye cream that contains hydrating ingredients, such as glycerin.
Artificial fragrance often irritates sensitive skin since it disrupts the skin's natural pH balance. So, if you have sensitive skin, pick a fragrance-free eye cream. However, if you would rather buy an eye cream with fragrance, first do a patch test to make sure it doesn't irritate your skin.
Most eye creams contain antioxidants which could lose potency once they are exposed to Oxygen. It's essential to get an eye cream that comes in a super-tight container that will easily dispense the cream.
Frequently Asked Questions on Korean Eye Creams
1. What ingredients should I look out for, for the best Korean eye cream?
- Hyaluronic acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E/ Tocopherol
- Retinol / Vitamin A derivative
- Hyaluronic acid
2. How do you properly apply an eye cream?
Gently tap and massage the cream using your ring finger. Your ring finger is believed to be the gentlest. Also, avoid stretching your under-eye skin area since it's quite delicate. Avoid 'caking' the cream on your skin in layers since you only need a small amount.