If you're searching for a challenging but comfortable workout right in your living room, then an elliptical workout is exactly what you're looking for. The best elliptical for home workouts saves you from having to get monthly gym memberships or waiting in line for cardio machines that are normally in a limited capacity in most fitness centers. Additionally, even more appealing is the fact that it'll be much easier to follow through with your life fitness goal at home since you can now train at your own pace, schedule, and workout modes.
As you're researching cardio machines, you might come across a treadmill. First, however, you must know that the best elliptical trainers vastly differ from a treadmill because elliptical workouts are low impact and are meant to reduce both stress and strain on the knees and legs. In addition, using the handles of an elliptical machine gives your whole body a workout that's quite similar to the one you'd get in natural walking.
Overall, a low-impact elliptical machine is an excellent way to get your cardio workout without ruining your joints from the waist down. But the best ellipticals will do a lot more than just conserve your joints; they give you an impressive full-body workout that targets muscle groups around the arms, back, chest, and even legs; all the while amping up the heart rate.
In a hurry?
This is our Winner!
Best Elliptical for Home Life Fitness
Buy on Amazon
Best Elliptical for Home Life Fitness - Reviews
This elliptical trainer ranks high on elliptical reviews as one of the best ellipticals that offer an intense workout in one of the smoothest rides in the market. It supports all skill levels, and its key specs include:
- An adjustable incline adjustment between 20”-22” in the machine's stride length
- An impressive 30-pound flywheel
- 20 different resistance levels
- 20 incline levels for a targeted muscle toning workout
- Moving armbars for full-body training
- Stationary handles that conveniently have pulse sensors
- A 10.1” console HD screen with 10 different workout programs
- Bluetooth capability to share workout stats with third-party fitness apps such as the iHealth and MyFitnessPal. It also allows users to incorporate their own devices such as a smartphone to act as an alternative monitor
- Extra features such as 2 cooling fans, water bottle holder, tablet holder, Bluetooth speakers, and a USB charging port
Sole ellipticals are popularly known to support fluid and natural motion. The Sole E95 has one of the heaviest elliptical flywheels currently to assure you of a smooth ride. It operates quite silently thanks to the magnetic resistance and its top-notch construction.
Its automated incline offers extra resistance levels to help diversify your workouts with 20 different elliptical paths. For your upper body training, the Sole E95 Elliptical features movable armbars, which come with molded hand grips. The controls for its resistance and incline are also conveniently built into its handles.
The foot pedals are intentionally oversized (15”) to allow you to reposition yourself for full comfort during your workout. Unlike others, they come cushioned and have a slight slope inward to reduce the chances of either ankle or knee strain that is common with other front-drive elliptical trainers. Additionally, you can always adjust the pedal angle using a dial for comfort.
The elliptical trainer offers a full-body workout with no negative impact on your joints. It has a unique design that features the motion of a stair stepper and an elliptical machine, which makes low-impact workouts much more intense in toning muscles, building your cardio endurance, and in the long-term burn calories more effectively. This Max trainer machine features:
- 16 levels of resistance that works well for devout marathoners and athletic training and conditioning
- A unique M6 burn rate display monitor that shows metrics such as how many calories you're burning every minute
- Multi-grip handles for comfortable and agile movements
- Integrated contact grips to monitor heart rate
- The Bowflex Max Intelligence separately purchased an app that functions on AI to assess your fitness levels, monitor workouts, and logically suggest/increase your level of fitness competence to help you achieve your goals
- 29 preloaded workout videos
- It allows a max of 2 user profiles
- Premium media rack at the front to hold your tablet or smartphone for easy access
The Fitness 7.0 AE has a heavy flywheel that affords every member of your family an appropriate level of resistance. Other features include :
- Diverse program options on the large console to give your body an advanced, results-oriented workout
- It folds up smaller to provide a compact measurement for storage that is 41" (long) by 28" (wide) by 69" (high) and expanded to 69" by 28" by 69"
- It features a heavy 23-pound flywheel since the weight of the flywheel determines how quietly and smoothly it will function. Most elliptical flywheels weigh between 18-20 pounds
- Its folding frame has a stride length of 20 inches and a height of 10
- It electronically controls its resistance range that reaches up to 20
- This 181-pound machine has extra features that include an energy saver mode, built-in speakers, a water bottle holder, and a tablet rack
- It has a 6.25-inch blue backlit HD touchscreen
- It has 10 built-in distance programs, 10 different step workouts, 2 custom, 3 interval, 4 performance, 9 calory programs, and 1 that is manually determined
- It picks and displays data that include a cardio compass, calories burned, the distance moved, resistance level, heart rate, time, RPM, speed, and watts
- It features ViaFit technology to allow the machine to connect wirelessly to other workout apps and fitness devices
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer Elliptical is the best budget pick on the market. It comes with an impressive versatility that can transform into a fitness elliptical trainer from a recumbent bike using just a few simple adjustments. This allows users to conveniently and efficiently cross-train on a single unit.
The ProForm Hybrid Elliptical trainer offers you the best of both worlds, especially if you're struggling to decide which workout machine you want. As the best elliptical trainer on a budget, it comes with features that include:
- A 13-pound flywheel that is 0.6 pounds heavier than its previous model offers greater adjustable features that make it more comfortable to use
- It also has a more user-friendly console
- A ventilated training seat for maximum breathability and air-flow circulation
- It features 16 different resistance levels that can be dialed up to maximize your workout progression
- Its elliptical stride has now been stretched to 15 inches
- It has 16 preloaded workout programs that you can choose from
- An LCD screen to show you how many watts you’re producing as you workout
- It has an iFit and Bluetooth enabled connection for seamless integration between your workout app programs and sessions
- It has built-in Proform Hybrid training programs
- It also comes with a tablet holder that is built right into your console for easy access and to easily monitor your workout or some entertainment as you work out
- You get oversized adjustable pedals to keep the feet securely in place
- It has an adjustable seat for personalized comfort
- It even comes with an adjustable console to easily monitor your workout data like your personal trainer would
A streamlined elliptical trainer by ANCHEER APP, the Stride trainer 380 is another affordable way to stay active. It comes with features such as:
- It is designed with the Silent Magnetic Resistance™ (SMR)
- It has a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds
- It comes with a fixed stride length that is 14 inches which is quite short
- As a rear-drive trainer, it only offers 12 digital levels of resistance
- It comes with a console with a blue-tinted small HD touchscreen display that can track speed, resistance, distance, calories burned, time, and even the pulse.
- To track your heart rate, it has a built-in dual-grip EKG heart rate monitor that is integrated into your stationary handlebars
- It has 6 preloaded workout programs
- It doesn't come with a warranty on its frame and a 90-days on its parts and labor warranty package.
Factors to Consider When Choosing The Best Elliptical for Home Gyms
A) Hand Placement
Some of the best elliptical machines come with two hand placement options which allow you to use the moveable handles to engage your body on the upper while holding onto the stationary handles for balance.
B) The Number of Programs
The number of pre-programmed workouts will vary among elliptical machines. For instance, other ellipticals offer workout modes which include intervals, a steady climb, or hills.
C) Incline and Resistance Level
Some elliptical trainers come with a control panel that allows you to change between several inclines and different resistance levels.
D) Stride Length
Perfect stride lengths will vary from person to person, depending on the height. But, overall, an adjustable stride length is quite a useful feature.
E) Tracking Ability
The best trainers should track different metrics and personal data, including distance, calories burned, heart rate, and then be able to display them on the LCD screen.
F) App Connectivity
Some home ellipticals link up with fitness apps such as the world app that can take up personal data and track your progress over time or connect users to an online community such as the Life Fitness Club Series, physical therapists online, a personal trainer for virtual coaching, or training program for a great workout.
G) Gym Space
For a good workout, always consider how much room you have for your exercise bike.
Frequently Asked Questions on The Best Elliptical for Home Fitness
1. Do elliptical trainers help in losing belly fat?
Elliptical machines help in the burning of calories and, in the long run, help in reducing belly fat and tone your body. Additionally, you can lose belly fat by strictly adhering to a diet plan and an exercise regimen that can be easily infused into your lifestyle.
2. Is 30 minutes using the elliptical enough?
Working out 15-30 minutes per day on the elliptical machine is more than enough to help you maintain your weight or even lose more.