When pimples pop up, we are likely to go into panic mode. We do anything to get rid of those pesky pimples, from DYI classics to prescription remedies. We might even end up messing up with treatments that are not intended for acne. To avoid all this, look for the best acne spot treatment that works, lean on ingredients like beta-, alpha-, poly-hydroxy acids, and hydrating materials that never leave your complexion dry and flaky.
Acnes involve the buildup of sebum in the pores of your skin. Sebum is an oily substance under the skin made by the sebaceous glands. When these substances become trapped, they form pimples on the surface of your skin. Pimples are not bad for overall health. However, they can sometimes become infected or develop into lumps. Conversely, quick treatment can help you overcome the emotional and psychological effects, i.e., loss of confidence, anxiety, and embarrassment.
When it comes to finding the best acne spot treatments, however, there is a wide range of products out there encompassing over-the-counter and prescription options.
1. Differin Gel Acne Treatment
- Clears breakouts where they start (Deep in pores) and prevents new...
- Differin works differently than other Acne treatments by normalizing...
- Adapalene was created for superior tolerability compared to other...
- Water based formula, oil free, alcohol free, fragrance free, non...
- In a clinical study, Differin gel provided up to 87 percent reduction...
For the best acne spot treatment that is all-in-one, we recommend Differin gel for your face acne spot treatment. This gel is one of the best over-the-counter treatments for treating various types of acne, from mild to moderate to blackheads to whiteheads acne or even rare breakouts. Although it is an over-the-counter treatment, it does not require a prescription, plus it is easy to get.
The most active ingredient in this product is a retinoid referred to as adapalene. This ingredient treats and reduces discoloration, prevents breakouts, stimulates collagen, promotes cell turnover, and restores your skin's natural tone and texture. Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory properties meaning you can still use it during the day when it is sunny.
When applying, you need a pea-sized amount of the Differin to cover your whole face. We recommend you use it once daily together with your nighttime skincare routine. Although it applies to all kinds of skin, those with moderate or mild acne-prone skills will witness the best results.
If it is your first time using the Differin gel, you will experience mild irritation, redness, and dryness but no need to cause an alarm because it's normal. Give your skin time to adjust.
2. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, 1 Fl Oz
- The best acne spot treatment period.
- For ALL skin types.
- Shrinks whiteheads overnight.
- Heals & prevents spreading of acne.
- For whiteheads, back and chest acne.
Mario Badescu drying lotion is another product meant to remove all of your stubborn blemishes. This lotion is formulated with calamine, sulfur, and salicylic acid. The sulfur helps cleanse the pores, while the salicylic acid helps exfoliate the pores and removes oil buildup. Furthermore, the calamine helps soothe and cool your skin.
Unlike other prescriptions from the doctor where you are advised to shake before use when it comes to this lotion, don't be attempted to shake it. It is usually clear on the top and pink on the bottom. So when it comes to applying, take a Q-tip, dip it inside the lotion bottle through to the bottom, remove it without stirring, then apply it on your body and finally sleep with it overnight.
3. Humane Regular-Strength Acne Wash
- Humane Regular-Strength Acne Treatment Wash: If maximum-strength...
- Treats Both Face & Body Acne: This non-foaming (SLS-free) cleanser can...
- Unclogs Pores, Soothes Redness & Clears Skin: Helps clear up...
- Simple, Clean, Safe & Effective: Our products don’t chase trends....
- Minimal-Ingredient Philosophy: In a world where a clean skincare...
If you have sensitive skin, a Humane regular-strength acne wash is suitable for you. This 5-percent benzoyl peroxide acne gel, although it has benzoyl peroxide ingredients, it is in a gentler version. It an excellent option for breakouts since it helps to lower acne-causing bacteria. Furthermore, it is formulated with licorice root extract to lower hyperpigmentation and inflammation, cucumber, and aloe vera extract, which soothe the skin.
Humane Regular-Strength is a non-foaming cleanser that treats both face and body. It helps clear up whiteheads, blackheads, below-the-skin cysts while easing redness. It also increases cell turnover, removes the mixture of dead skin, excess oil, and debris that clogs pores.
This acne wash is dermatologist-tested, and you won't find sulfates, phthalates, parabens, paraffin, alcohol, synthetic color or fragrance, animal by-products, or petrolatum in the formulation. Furthermore, it targets the main cause of acne growth and fights excessive oil production.
4. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment
- Micronized Benzoyl Peroxide
- Provides daily Hydration
- Dual action treatment reduces the number and severity of breakouts,...
- Fast-absorbing; Elegant texture
- Non-drying; Non-comedogenic; Oil-free; Fragrance free
If you have a mild or moderate blemish, this product will work for you. La Roche-Posay acne spot treatment is ideal for people with moderate acne. It exfoliates the skin to get rid of excess oil and dead skin cells. Furthermore, you can apply it twice or thrice to the affected areas per day.
This acne spot treatment is formulated with a unique lipo-hydroxy acid and benzoyl peroxide like other products on this list. Although it is a bit expensive, it is worth spending the extra money. You are assured of seeing a clear difference in your skin within a week.
5. Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief- Acne Spot Treatment
- EMERGENCY RELIEF: This invisible benzoyl peroxide spot treatment...
- YOU NEED MORE THAN A PIMPLE CREAM: Proactiv's benzoyl peroxide acne...
- PERFECT FOR ON THE GO: Unexpected blemishes can happen any time, so...
- SAFE FOR ALL AGES: Proactiv's acne skin care treatment provides the...
- MADE FOR YOUR SKIN: Proactiv Solution delivers benzoyl peroxide...
Proactiv emergency acne spot treatment has a powerful microcrystal benzoyl peroxide that kills acne-causing bacteria inside the skin pores and clears acne blemishes. It is designed to unclog skin pores also formulated to clear emergency blemishes fast and help absorb excess oil. Furthermore, it prevents new acne breakouts from forming.
Proactiv emergency acne spot treatment is ideal for the on-the-go. Sometimes unexpected blemishes can happen anywhere; this pocket-sized emergency spot treatment can go wherever you go. Besides, it is safe for all ages, providing the same powerful skincare for adults and teens.
6. Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Spot Treatment
- SULFUR TREATMENT WITH MAXIMUM PERCENTAGE ALLOWED - Contains the...
- ACNE TREATMENT TO REDUCE IMPERFECTIONS - This acne spot...
- ZINC OXIDE ACNE TREATMENT- An acne spot treatment with Zinc...
- CONTAINS BHAs TO HELP REDUCE APPEARANCE OF LARGE PORES - Active...
- FORMULATED BY HOLLYWOOD ESTHETICIAN KATE SOMERVILLE - Celebrities...
Kate Somerville is formulated with zinc ingredients which help in healing acne spots. It comes in an ambiguous medical-looking glass bottle; you might have come across it on Instagram or elsewhere. This acne spot treatment uses AHAs and sulfur to reduce and remove pimples and acne spots while also preventing new ones.
As this acne spot treatment shrinks pimples overnight, zinc oxide ingredients absorb excess sebum to get rid of oil which helps keep the pores clear. It also deals with hormonal acne making them disappear faster. You don't need to shake the bottle when applying; dip a Q-Tip inside the bottle, pick up the pink solution then apply it to blemish.
7. Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment
- RAPID BLEMISH CONTROL: Murad's Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment fights...
- FORMULATED TO DELIVER RELIEF: This solution is formulated to reduce...
- WORKS SEAMLESSLY WITH YOUR MAKEUP: This clear gel formula layers under...
- WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?: Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment works as a...
- IT'S NOT SKINCARE, IT'S MURAD: Murad is founded on the simple truth...
If you are looking for the best acne spot treatment that gives results within the shortest time possible, you found it; Murad Rapid Relief spot treatment. You are assured of getting results within the first four hours. This spot treatment is formulated with 2 percent Salicylic acid ( a powerful acne-banishing ingredient that unclogs and exfoliates pores).
According to research from the brand, 97% of customers agreed that the acne spot reduced after just one day. A user by the name of Sephora states that she noted a huge difference before long, and the skin is decent.
8. Origins Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel
- Spot Remover Anti Blemish Treatment Gel 10ml/0.3oz
- Package Dimensions: 2.794 L x 5.08 H x 2.794 W (centimeters)
- Item package weight:0.8 ounces
Origins super spot acne remover contains salicylic acid and red algae to remove redness and exfoliators to remove excess sebum and dead cells. According to the manufacturer, it is every acne-busting weapon packaged into one.
This treatment gel clears breakouts within 2-3 days, with minimal scarring. Some customers prefer to use this spot treatment at night, although it is also effective during the day. Just like most acne spot treatments, a little of it goes a long way. Besides, there is a little tingle if you like to feel the gel working.
9. Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment
- 75-ounce tube of Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Spot Treatment cream with...
- Vanishing cream formula of this acne spot treatment is lightweight,...
- On-The-Spot treatment is clinically proven to be so effective that...
- This gentle daily acne blemish treatment can be used up to three times...
- The acne-fighting formula goes deep down into pores to kill acne...
For the best acne spot treatment for your face, count on the Neutrogena On-The-Spot cream. This face cream comes with 2.5 percent Benzoyl peroxide. The benzoyl peroxide's pimple-removing powers allow this cream to absorb and won't dry your face out quickly. Conversely, this product is an effective and affordable drugstore option, plus it is lightweight.
The Neutrogena acne spot treatment is clinically proven to be very effective in that skin gets clearer on the first day without stinging, burning, or over-drying skin. It is non-comedogenic and oil-free, so it won't cause clogging on the skin pores or more breakouts. Furthermore, this acne spot treatment goes deep down into the skin pores to kill acne bacteria which cause pimples and helps prevent new ones from forming.
You can apply this cream on your face up to three times per day for the best results.
10. Acnefree Terminator 10 Maximum Strength (Pack of 3)
- AcneFree Terminator 10, 1-Ounce Tube (Pack of 3)
If you are looking for one of the best acne spot treatments with anti-inflammatory and acne-fighting ingredients, count on the Terminator 10 maximum strength from AcneFree. It contains 10% micro-benzoyl peroxide and other calming ingredients such as ginger, sea whip, and chamomile. Above all, it works effectively on all types of acne.
The benzoyl peroxide ingredient on this spot treatment help in treating acne by killing bacterias that contribute to acne and preventing and clearing out clogged pores. The comedolytic properties and anti-inflammatory properties make this acne spot treatment product suitable and effective on all different types of acne: whiteheads, blackheads, and larger red pimples.
According to Dr. Hadley King, a dermatologist, apply a small amount of this spot treatment product in a thin layer to avoid unnecessary irritation. Furthermore, He suggested that using the product one to three times a day is enough.
Ways on How to Use the Best Acne Spot Treatment
1. Use a product with pimple-fighting ingredients.
Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are the two classic zit ingredients that help get rid of pimples. The salicylic acid ingredient is a beta hydroxy acid that gets rid of excess oil from the surface of your skin and eventually drying the pimple out. Benzoyl peroxide opens blockages on your skin's surface and kills acne-causing bacteria that encourage inflammation.
2. Create your cocktail
Acne spot treatment products have salicylic and benzoyl peroxide; however, you will never find the two ingredients in the same product because of formulation concerns. Therefore, we recommend you mix the two, plus a one percent hydrocortisone cream then spread over directly on the pimple as a DYI acne spot treatment.
3. Moisturize your skin
Skin hydration and skin oil are two different issues. With this in mind, it is possible to have oily dehydrated skin at the same time, especially if you are using irritating acne spot treatments regularly. We recommend using a non-comedogenic moisturizer to not clog your skin pores before applying the best acne spot treatment for superb results.
The Main Home Acne spot treatments and Strategies
The following home treatment for acne spots will help reduce the chances of having pimples on the surface of your skin.
1. Loose clothing
If you have pimples on your shoulders, on the back, or in other places usually covered by clothing, we recommend you to wear loose, cotton clothes if possible. Avoid caps, headbands, and scarves, or wash them regularly.
It is crucial to remove all makeup before going to sleep and select the right types. Conversely, some of the best acne spot treatments have a low risk of triggering an outburst; therefore, look for the words non-acnegenic or non-comedogenic on the label
3. Refrain from touching the face
Avoid touching your face with your hands completely if you have acne. Additionally, hold your phone away from the skin on your face since it may have on its surface sebum or skin residue. Glasses collect skin residue and sebum as well, so clean then often. Before touching your face, wash your hands thoroughly.
If you shave, use safety razors or an electric shaver with a sharp blade. Also, before shaving, soften your skin by washing it with warm, soapy water or taking a warm shower. Remember to keep your nails and hands as clean as possible by washing them with soap often.
5. Sun exposure
Overexposure to sunlight or use of tanning beds may result in the generation of more sebum and increase the risk of skin cancer. Furthermore, some medications for acne spots may also make your skin more prone to sunburn; therefore, we recommend you take caution.
6. Washing your face regularly.
Softly wash your face at least twice a day to reduce any escalating symptoms of acne. Here are some face-washing tips:
- using lukewarm water and a soap
- wash softly and avoid scrubbing the skin
- Softly apply an OTC lotion on your skin containing benzoyl peroxide with your fingertips
7. Avoid popping the pimples.
Popping a pimple may spread the infection further into your skin, causing more severe swelling and redness and more serious blockage. The bursting of pimples also raises the risk of scarring.